Wed, 26 April 2023
Diabetes Core Update is a monthly podcast that presents and discusses the latest clinically relevant articles from the American Diabetes Association’s four science and medical journals – Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum. Each episode is approximately 25 minutes long and presents 5-6 recently published articles from ADA journals.
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
This issue will review:
1. Cardiovascular Safety in Type 2 Diabetes With Sulfonylureas as Second-Line Drugs
2. Noninvasive Hypoglycemia Detection in People With Diabetes Using Smartwatch Data
3. Trial of Hybrid Closed-Loop Control in Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes
4. Safety and efficacy of an oral insulin (Capsulin) in patients with early-stage type 2 diabetes
5. Once-Weekly Basal Insulin Fc Demonstrated Similar Glycemic Control to Once-Daily Insulin Degludec in Insulin-Naive Patients With Type 2 Diabetes: A Phase 2 Randomized Control Trial
6. Recommended and Prevalent Use of Glucagon-like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists and Sodium–Glucose Cotransporter-2 Inhibitors in a National Population-Based Sample
For more information about each of ADA’s science and medical journals, please visit: www.diabetesjournals.org.
Neil Skolnik, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health
John J. Russell, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Chair-Department of Family Medicine, Abington Jefferson Health